IEW US History
US History based writing lessons offering writing topics that touch on people and events in United States history from explorers to modern times. A set of creatively illustrated vocabulary cards is included in the Student Book. We will use the vocabulary and have Kahoot quizzes. There will also be suggested books to read that go along with the history lessons. Students will need to purchase the student manual. Please see the following website for the student manual: https://iew.com/shop/products/us-history-based-writing-lessons-student-book-only
Also, if doing the reading, you will need the books listed in the student manual as well. There will be homework every week, 1-5 paragraphs per week. The homework will be due on Thursday by noon and I will then review the homework and get it back to the student. Class meets online Fridays at 9:00 AM.
Suggested Book List:
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
- The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
- By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman
- Rifles for Watie by Harold Keith
- Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson
- Journey to Topaz by Yoshiko Uchida
NOTE: I would like to do this for the full year, so think about having your students do the again in the spring.
|Class End Date||11-18-2021|
|Cut off date||09/12/2021 8:00 am|
|Period||Fridays 9:00 AM **ONLINE CLASS**|